KIDNEYCARE:365 HEALTH PROGRAMS ACHIEVE THE BEST OUTCOMES
Our KidneyCare:365 Health Programs support payors' efforts to reduce the overall cost of care for those living with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and end stage renal disease (ESRD). We're the leader in value based care and have been innovators in value based care management since 2005. We’re part of Fresenius Medical Care North America, the world’s largest vertically integrated renal care company. Demonstrating proven results and a track record for achieving the best patient outcomes, only KidneyCare:365 Health Programs combine the best in services and support with the technology, insights, and experience to achieve results time and time again.
PROVEN SUCCESS AND OUTCOMES
Reduction in hospital admissions for members over a five-year period
Members who select home dialysis or kidney transplant when transitioning from CKD to ESRD
The national average of members with a planned start to dialysis
Expertise and experience to reach health goals
Like you, we make patient health our top priority. We’re dedicated to aligning all facets of care at an individual level through our KidneyCare:365 Health Programs. We help people with kidney disease stay their healthiest — and lower the cost of care — by facilitating earlier access to nephrologists, planned transitions to home dialysis or a kidney transplant, and ongoing clinical monitoring from a team of kidney experts throughout the care continuum.
DEPTH AND SCALE TO OFFER FULL-RISK PROGRAMS
We're so confident in the success of our KidneyCare:365 Health Programs that we're willing to assume full financial risk for the cost and quality outcomes that we mutually establish with our partners.
- We take on full financial risk for the total cost of care — for members attributed to our KidneyCare:365 Health Programs, and pay for program delivery costs from our share of program savings.
- For select programs, we will place a percentage of our share of Program Savings at risk — for achieving agreed-upon quality outcomes.
Empowering members to take control of comorbidities
Like many people living with CKD, a 75-year-old program member is living with both diabetes and hypertension. After assessment, our care team prioritized the need to take control of the diabetes. After our referral and working with our partner, Teladoc Health, the patient received additional support for diabetes management while continuing to receive care from our team for kidney disease.
- An increased understanding of managing diabetes
- Greater awareness of how to monitor blood sugar
- Adherence to regular testing and consistent reporting
For people like our 58-year-old program member experiencing frequent hospitalizations, our program can have a life-changing impact. We looked at patterns of inconsistent treatment, fluid overload, and symptoms of depression, then provided kidney disease education and treatment support.
- A reduction in fluid weight
- Improvements in depressive symptoms
- 100% treatment adherence to prescribed dialysis schedule
Helping members overcome dialysis struggles
Going on dialysis can be a challenging transition. Some people — like our 63-year-old member — need a little extra support. Our care team provided additional education and encouragement to this patient and care partner. We also worked with the doctor to address signs of depression.
- A greater understanding of how to deal with side effects
- Improvements in mood with properly adjusted antidepressants
- A deeper understanding of the importance of prescribed dialysis treatment and a drive to be healthier
Facilitating planned transitions to home dialysis
People recently diagnosed with CKD often aren’t sure how to take the best care of their health. One of our 60-year-old program members had very little knowledge of kidney disease and didn’t have a nephrologist. Our care team assessed the stage of CKD, made a referral to a nephrologist, and helped the patient prepare for treatment.
- Connection to a nephrologist with regular attendance at appointments
- A greater understanding of kidney disease and daily care
- An informed plan to prepare for transition to peritoneal dialysis