Many dialysis patients are fluid overloaded or hypervolemic, which can lead to hypertension1, left ventricular hypertrophy2, and congestive heart failure3. Cardiovascular strain can be a consequence of interdialytic weight gain, chronic fluid overload and inappropriate fluid removal during hemodialysis4,5. Fluid overload is associated with hemodynamic instability and higher cardiovascular morbidity6,7. As such, fluid management and the achievement of a normal hydration status or euvolemia is important.
Accurate, real-time fluid management with Crit-Line® technology allows the clinician insight as to how a patient is tolerating dialysis throughout a treatment. Adjusting ultrafiltration rates and maximizing the amount of fluid removal, while minimizing the potential for hypovolemic and intradialytic symptoms, is critical to a more effective dialysis treatment. Crit-Line technology allows the clinician to do just that. The clinician has the ability to visualize treatments in real-time and to understand how the patient is tolerating their treatment.
- Provides insight as to how a patient is tolerating dialysis.
- Provides the clinician with data that may help remove the maximum amount of fluid while preventing common symptoms of dialysis (nausea, cramping and vomiting).
- Provides a more effective treatment for dialysis patients and clinicians.
- Provides data to help identify patients that may be at risk for intradialytic symptoms.
- Helps the healthcare professional visualize the patient's plasma refill rate in real-time.
- Helps the healthcare professional maximize fluid removal while minimizing the potential for hypovolemic symptoms.
Crit-Line technology is a cost-effective method to continuously monitor key blood parameters during therapy allowing the clinician to determine appropriate intervention, if needed, during treatment.
Watch our video on monitoring blood volume using Crit-Line Technology.
Crit-Line Technology Support Line
Our team of highly trained, dedicated clinicians offer telephone assistance and Crit-Line IV and CLiC™ device-based support services. We are available to answer your questions or connect you with the right resource.