2008T Hemodialysis Machine
The 2008T hemodialysis machine is feature driven for the advancement of dialysis care.
2008T Hemodialysis Machine
Built on Three Decades of Market Leadership
The 2008T hemodialysis machine is often respected for its proven reliability and durability. It’s one reason we have an installed base of over 120,000 machines in the U.S., more than all other dialysis brands combined.
Discover Key Features
With breakthrough CDX technology, clinic medical information system (MIS) data is accessible from each and every dialysis station. Clinicians no longer need to leave the patient station to gain access to patient records. Simply toggle between dialysis screen and MIS system. All information can be entered via integrated keyboard and touchpad and is immediately recorded and uploaded in the clinic’s medical information system. This innovative, integrated approach provides immediate access to all dialysis treatment and clinical trending data traditionally held in multiple locations.
Many factors influence effective clearance. Changes in dialyzer surface area exposure, reduced blood flow, inadequate dialysate flow and recirculation can all lead to the under delivery of the prescribed hemodialysis dose.1 It is important to achieve adequate clearance or Kt/V urea during dialysis. This feature:
- Uses conductivity sensors to measure dialysate sodium concentration pre- and post-dialyzer to determine effective dialyzer urea clearance
- Measures and predicts adequacy goal attainment
- Alerts clinician if target Kt/V will not be met
- Facilitates early intervention during the treatment to achieve adequate therapy
Early detection of access dysfunction and timely intervention may enhance vascular access survival and help to ensure delivery of prescribed hemodialysis therapy.2 A standard feature on all 2008T hemodialysis systems, OLC with access flow provides:
- On-screen, step-by-step instruction for monthly access flow measurement when used in conjunction with the Twister® reverse-flow bloodline
- Trending of access flow which permits intervention before access failure
- Auto Flow feature allows the user to set the dialysate flow to either 1.5 times or 2 times the blood flow in steps of 100 mL/min.6
- During idle periods, the 2008T machine will automatically run dialysate flow at 300 mL/min to conserve dialysate or it may be manually set to as low as 0 mL/min.
- Ensures the most economical use of dialysate while maintaining an optimal dialysis dose — potential savings of up to 30 percent with no impact on Kt/V attainment.7
Measures the patient’s blood pressure and pulse at set intervals.
Four preset profiles as well as four facility-customizable profiles are available.
Sodium Variation System (SVS)
An automated method of changing the concentration of dialysate sodium in accordance with the physician’s prescription.
Allows scheduling of heat disinfection by day and time with automatic shut off when disinfection is completed.
Reduces concentrate and water usage during this therapy.
Slow Flow Mode
Allows the machine to function with dialysate flows of 100 or 200 mL/min.
Explore Complementary Products
bibag® On-line Dry Bicarbonate Concentrate System*
On-line preparation of bicarbonate concentrate eliminates the need for heavy liquid jugs, mixing or a central loop system.
- Hygienic delivery of bicarbonate may reduce the level of contamination and bacterial growth.3
- Convenient handling with lightweight packaging — 90 percent lighter than liquid bicarbonate jugs.4
- Easy top connectology eliminates spills.
- Up to five times less storage and preparation space than liquid bicarbonate.
- Available in 650 g and 900 g bag sizes.
- Flexible and environmentally friendly bag is recyclable and may reduce waste costs.
DIASAFE® Plus Filter
Filtering dialysate beyond AAMI standards5
- Integrated Fresenius Polysulfone® dialysate filter
- Excellent endotoxin barrier
- High molecular weight microorganisms cannot cross membrane
- Small lipopolysaccharides (LPS) or non-LPS fragment retention resulting from adsorption
- DIAFIX™ Lock System external mounting system for simple, hygienic filter exchange
- Automatic DIASAFE Plus filter test after each chemical disinfection
Continuing in its tradition of technological innovation, Fresenius Medical Care offers the latest hardware accessories for use with our concentrate products. Learn more.
Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems
Mar Cor Purification offers the next generation portable reverse osmosis units designed to meet the AAMI grade water standards. Learn more.
Get technical training, plus on-site and phone support to maximize your investment.
1 Steur RR, et al. “Hematocrit as an Indicator of Blood Volume and a Predictor of Intradialytic Morbid Events.” ASAIO Journal M691-M696, 1994
2 Sands, J. Vascular Access: “The Past, Present, and Future.” Blood Purification 27: 22-27, 2009
3 When mixed with water that meets current ANSI/AAMI RD62, Ph Eur or ISO 13959
4 650g bibag weighs 1.59 lbs. vs. FMCNA Liquid Bicarbonate jug which weighs 15.9 lbs.
5 Sands J. Stano M., Li Z., Bryant R., Ofsthun N., Updyke D., Lazarus J. “DIASAFE Decreases Endotoxin Levels 16 Fold Below New AAMI Standard.” 2004 (Abstract submitted for ASN)
6 Blood flow and dialysate flow values are determined by physician prescription.
7 Kult J, Stapf, E. “Changing Emphasis in Modern Hemodialysis Therapies: Cost-effectiveness of Delivering Higher Doses of Dialysis.” The International Journal of Artificial Organs 30(7):577-582, 2007
Caution: Federal (US) law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Note: Read the Instructions for Use for safe and proper use of these devices. For a complete description of hazards, contraindications, side effects and precautions, see full package labeling available at www.fmcna.com.
© 2013, 2018, Fresenius Medical Care, All Rights Reserved. Fresenius Medical Care, the triangle logo, Fresenius Renal Technologies, 2008, 2008K@Home, BlueStar, bibag, DIASAFE, Crit-Line, CLiC, and Clinical Data eXchange (CDX) are trademarks of Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc. or its affiliated companies. Citrasate is a registered trademark of Advanced Renal Technologies, Inc. in the United States and is used under license from Advanced Renal Technologies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. P/N 102054-01 Rev D 10/2018