- Kluge, Stefan et al., "Avoiding Invasive Mechanical Ventilation by Extracorporeal Carbon Dioxide Removal in Patients Failing Noninvasive Ventilation." Intensive Care Medicine 38, no. 10 (October 2012): 1632 -1639.
- Hughes, Ronson et.al., "Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation in Traumatic Injury: An Overview of Utility and Indications." InTech (September 2016)
- Shin,TG et al., "Extracorporeal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Patients with Inhospital Cardiac Arrest: A Comparison with Conventional Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation." Crit Care Med 39, no. 1 (January 2011): 1 -7.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
The Novalung System is indicated for long-term (>6 hours) respiratory/cardiopulmonary support that provides assisted extracorporeal circulation and physiologic gas exchange (oxygenation and CO2 removal) of the patient's blood in adults with acute respiratory failure or acute cardiopulmonary failure, where other available treatment options have failed, and continued clinical deterioration is expected or the risk of death is imminent. These may include:
- Failure to wean from cardiopulmonary bypass following cardiac surgery in adult patients
- ECMO-assisted cardiopulmonary resuscitation in adults
Caution: Federal (US) law restricts these devices to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Note: Read the Instructions for Use for safe and proper use of these devices. The Indications for Use for this device can be found at https://fmcna.com/products/indications-safety-and-warnings.
© 2021 Fresenius Medical Care. All Rights Reserved. Fresenius Medical Care, the triangle logo, Novalung, XLung, x.ellence, System One, and NxView are trademarks of Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc. or its affiliated companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. P/N 103880-01 Rev F 08/2021